Irene Dallas BSc (Hons)
Irene has many years experience in the English High Court and also in International Arbitration and Dispute resolution. Although Irene has advised clients in a wide range of commercial disputes, her specialist area is in representing clients involved in developing markets where she has considerable experience in handling oil and gas related cases. Irene has advised clients operating all over Russia, in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Belarussia.
Irene has undertaken work in the US and also advises businesses who are either seeking to renew business in Libya or who may be exploring this area for the first time.
Representative Matters Include Advising:
- a Russian steel manufacturer in ICC Arbitration regarding the breach of a contract for the construction of a USD250 million steel mill in Bulgaria
- an Azeri oil refinery in LCIA arbitrations regarding a reconstruction project
- a Russian oil refinery in a contractual dispute resolved by reference to the CCIG in Geneva;
- a Russian oil company in a dispute arising from a series of oil trading contracts. The dispute was referred to the High Court in England and enforcement proceedings were then managed by Irene in Bosnia
- a Russian company on a matter relating to a Libyan pipeline construction contract
- various foreign companies on real estate acquisitions in Libya
- foreign companies on tendering for public works projects in Libya
- foreign companies on the enforcement of Libyan court judgments in Libya;
- foreign oil companies on the Libyan EPSA
- a Russian state oil company in a dispute arising out of PSA referred to arbitration in Stockholm.